Moringa oleifera, also known as drumstick tree, is a highly valued and versatile plant which belongs to the Moringaceae family. It is a fast growing, deciduous tree that is native to India and is widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical areas all over Asia, Africa and South America. It is widely known with many other names, including Horseradish tree and Ben oil tree. Moringa is an excellent source of protein, vitamin A, potassium, calcium and vitamin C. Just how strong is moringa? According to Kuli Kuli, an organization that harvests moringa plants in Africa and makes them accessible to customers in the U.S. and other western nations, gram for gram, moringa contains:
- two times the amount of protein of yogurt
- four times the amount of vitamin A as carrots
- three times the amount of potassium as bananas
- four times the amount of calcium as cows’ milk
- seven times the amount of vitamin C as oranges
Moringa leaves are loaded with numerous nutrients, including antioxidants, protein, calcium, beta-carotene, vitamin C and potassium. Because it provides a concentrated source of vitamin A, moringa is given to thousands of children in third-world countries every year suffering from life-threatening vitamin A deficiency, which is linked to impaired immune function.
Six proven Moringa Benefits
- Provides Antioxidants and Anti-Inflammatory Compounds
- Balances Hormones and Slows the Effects of Aging
- Helps Improve Digestive Health
- Balances Blood Sugar Levels, Helping Fight Diabetes
- Protects and Nourishes the Skin
- Helps Stabilize Your Mood and Protects Brain Health
Natures Supplements uses the finest African Moringa 10:1 Extract derived from leaves and pods in forms of powder, tea, and superfoods capsules.